Langley Park Venues is the collective name for the various venues & facilities that we, as Langley Park School for Boys, hire out to professional companies, local clubs and societies, community groups and the general public.
Langley Park Venues overall brochure: LPV Brochure – revised – for Theatre & Sports Centre + rate cards please see below.
We have two main areas on our large campus available for commercial and private hire:
Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts (LPCPA)
- The magnificent and flexible Bromley Hall – a professional Theatre/Conference space (seats up to 500 seats).
- Studio/Lecture theatre, flexible seating for up to 120.
- Both have state-of-the-art technical facilities, including lighting, sound, digital projection and staging and technical staff – perfect for theatre, dance and musical productions, lectures and comedy, business conferences and presentations, rehearsals and recordings, private parties.
- Rehearsal and artists’ facilities.
- Concessions and catering points.
- Box office facilities and stewards.
- Large flexible Refectory with catering facilities and blackout, lighting, sound and digital projection – perfect for self-organised functions and weddings.
- Paved Piazza and raised Bandstand.
- Large secure on-site car parks.
- Excellent public transport links – Eden Park train station is 3 minutes walk.
Theatre and conference space brochure & rate card: LPCPA Hire Brochure
Langley Park Sports Centre+
- Sports Hall (4-badminton court size).
- Floodlight all-weather pitch.
- 2 Dance/Exercise/Yoga Studios.
- Fitness Suite.
- Changing rooms and showers.
- Classrooms and a Computer suite.
- Extensive Playing fields.
- Large secure on-site car parks.
- Excellent public transport links – Eden Park train station is 2 minutes walk.
Sports Centre+ rate card: Sports Centre rate card v5
Both areas are accessed independently from each other and the School; additional venues can be made available on request. Our venues already have a distinct and separate programme of arts events and sport and leisure activities out of school hours; many patrons and visitors say that they cannot believe that they are in a school.
The Bromley Hall is currently used by the Bromley Symphony Orchestra www.bromleysymphony.org/ and the Borough’s outstanding music service, Bromley Youth Music Trust www.bymt.co.uk as their main performance venue.
For complete listings of all forthcoming events at LPCPA see here: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/venue/EFMHII
For enquiries about our venue hire rates and availability, or to arrange a visit, please contact the following:
Langley Park Centre for the Performing Arts: Martin Costello (Theatre Manager) – email@example.com. One of the best in the business, Martin was the Artistic Director of the Broadway Theatre Lewisham for many years and is very experienced in handling all manner of events from theatre productions, live music and comedy to royal visits.
Langley Park Sports Centre+: Neil Gunn (Estates Manager) – firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find us: Map & directions
Address: Langley Park School for Boys, Hawksbrook Lane, South Eden Park Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 3BP.
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/LangleyPkVenues
History of Langley Park School for Boys – The School was founded in 1901 and occupied a site close to Beckenham Spa. It then moved to the Kentwood site in Penge (currently used by LBB Adult Education) and expanded to become Beckenham & Penge Grammar School for Boys. It remained there until 1969, when it became a comprehensive school for boys and moved to its current site in Hawksbrook Lane, off South Eden Park Road in Beckenham, Kent – SE London, UK. We were extremely fortunate to have received BSF funding to rebuild the School ready for occupation in January 2011, which includes a magnificent state-of-the-art 500-seater theatre, Bromley Hall, funded from the London Borough of Bromley council’s legacies. The new building was officially opened by the Earl of Wessex in February 2014.
Langley Park School for Boys website: http://www.lpsb.org.uk
Langley Park Venues website credits:
Photography – Phillip Ansell (except of Earl of Wessex).
Words – Vivienne Clark.
Brochure production: Martin Costello, Vivienne Clark & Claire Green – all copyright LPSB 2016.